Authors : Solid Base
Quality in construction means that projects are finished within the guidelines established by the Scope of Work. Finishing the project on time, meeting the requirements of the agreement and staying within budget are all essential aspects of quality management.
Quality control measures are an option for construction companies to ensure their projects run to the highest standards with the correct and best-performing equipment.
Factors affecting the quality management system in construction:
- Low quality material
- Poor project management
- Miscommunication between teams
- Failure to document changes and practices
A case study on one of the structural elements (Column)
Fig A Fig B
A column is generally a vertical member which transfers the load to ground through footing five stages of Quality checks on the column:
- Checking the column layout and
- Checking the column reinforcement
- Checking the column shuttering
- Checking the column concreting
- Checking the column de-shuttering.
- Column reinforcement should be fixed and checked, then the shutter be fixed and checked.