Our client is a building contractor sitting within a highly organised group of companies undertaking varied works throughout Malta.
Due to continued project awards, a Site Manager is now required to join the contracting business. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing agenda and participate in all meetings concerning the Project, with both the client and/or his representative
- Organising, setting agenda and chairing all regular Site Progress Meetings.
- Ensuring that subcontractors are well coordinated throughout the Project.
- Coordinating with the Head of Projects in the preparation of Site Logistics and the setting up of the Projects’ organisation chart, ensuring that all required resources are available for the effective operation of the site.
- Coordinating with the HOE Section to provide the necessary plant and machinery on site.
- Ensuring that all plant and machinery is operated by competent persons on site and regularly maintained and certified is required.
- Making sure that effective communication takes place on his/her Project and ensuring that all necessary communicating facilities/equipment are in place and available.
- Ensuring that Quality Control procedures are in place and being followed.
- Executing operations on site in conjunction with the agreed Programme of Works. Any changes/amendments should be discussed with both the Head of Projects and the Client. The Site Manager is responsible for the updating of the Program of Works and in taking corrective measures to address any delays or shortcomings in the Project’s execution in relation to the planned Programme.
- Compiling Monthly Project Reports concerning the respective Projects for review during the Monthly Projects’ Review Sessions.
- Interviewing potential new employees (at sub-ordinate levels)
- Accessing skills of newly entered workforce within his/her responsibility.
- Periodically (at least twice annually) assessing workforce within his/her responsibility.
- Initiating request for Variations and Claims.
- Making sure the Project’s Quantity Surveyor submits in time and on regular basis (as agreed) Periodic Payment Certificates.
- Overseeing issues concerning documentation, Cost Control, Site Instructions, Clients’ Requests and daywork vouchers.
- Monitoring and taking action on matters concerning the logistics of the site.
- Monitoring all issues concerning Quality inspection and testing, control of non-conformities and follow-up on corrective action measures.
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety procedures and reporting is being followed and carried out on site. Participating if necessary in Site Inspections, meetings and any particular follow-ups.
- Overseeing all required documentation, Site Diary, Distribution Lists, Short-Term Program of Works, etc. are being made, distributed and filed accordingly.
- Making sure that As-Built Drawings are continuously being updated and documented as required.
- Organising a Snagging List when deemed necessary and ensure that all items listed are addressed.
- Ensuring that hand-over of the site, or part of, is made as per agreed and planned.
Our Client offers an excellent opportunity to join a large organisation that is dedicated to the continued development of their teams.
For full details, please contact Natalie Gordon at natalie.gordon@ablyresources.
For Further Information
Feel free to drop us a line