Job ID NG10066
Our client has established a Construction Contractor company providing full solutions on new build and refurbishment projects throughout Malta. With a vast amount of knowledge in the local design and construction sector, our Client is now establishing themselves and requires an Operations Manager to grow the business.
The chosen individual will be required to lead the organisation to ensure effective and timely delivery of projects. Reporting directly to the Senior Management Team, this is a strategic position within the company and would suit a motivated individual with experience of engaging with a wide range of stakeholders so to deliver financial results, value for customers and operating efficiency of the organisation.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule and discipline employees.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems.
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyse variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management.
- Analyse process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and run a safe, injury/accident free workplace.
- Meet or exceed operations labour budget expectations.
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labour to revenues.
- Responsible for all site managers and foremen, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees.
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicle and equipment.
- Manage relationships with key operations subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment in a timely manner.
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints.
- Work closely with senior management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations management, preferably in the local construction market
- Demonstrate extensive people management and motivational skill
- Be self motivated and dynamic with the ability to manage a busy workload
Our Client offers an excellent professional step for an ambitious construction professional.
For an entirely confidential discussion about how this role could enhance your career, please contact Natalie Gordon at natalie.gordon@ablyresources.
For Further Information
Feel free to drop us a line